FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick connects your computer to your FRITZ!Box WLAN, or any other WLAN router that supports the current IEEE 802.11b and 802.11g standards, quickly, securely, and conveniently. In Windows XP with Service Pack 2 a driver CD is no longer necessary, the FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick is selfinstalling. Its compact design, remarkably easy installation, and unbreakable WPA2 encryption provide WLAN surfing enjoyment. Support for the 802.11g++ WLAN mode (125 Mbit/s) permits up to 35% faster user data throughput.
At a glance:
- USB stick for WLAN wireless networking
- Supports 802.11b, g, and g++ WLAN (11, 54 and 125 Mbit/s)
- Up to 35% faster data communication with 802.11g++
- Secure wireless connections with WPA2 and WPA, (WEP possible)
- Stick & Surf: Secure wireless LAN with no user configuration
- Stick & Surf: Selfinstallation in Windows XP (driver CD is no longer necessary in Windows XP with Service Pack 2)
- Extremely compact (10 grams, 53 millimeters)
- Flexible transmitter power
- The new Stick & Surf technology by AVM makes setting up a high-security wireless network easier than ever before.
Step 1: Connect the FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick briefly with the USB host port on FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN (model 7140). The information necessary to secure the network is automatically transfered to the Stick.
Step 2: Connect the FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick to your computer. Done! Your WLAN link is now securely encrypted, with no other settings to adjust.
- The FRITZ!WLAN software included sets up the connection to a FRITZ!Box with WLAN capability or to a third-party WLAN access point in just minutes.
- Flexible transmitter power setting permits control over power consumption and wireless range
- Supports the WPA, WEP-128 and WEP-64 encryption techniques
- Indicates the current communication mode: 802.11b, 802.11g or 802.11g++
- Maximum WLAN security with the unbreakable WPA2 encryption standard (802.11i)
- Copies security settings from the WLAN access point using AVM's Stick & Surf technology
- Compatible with the WPA, WEP-128 and WEP-64 encryption standards
- USB WLAN client for wireless networks Wireless LANs in conformance to 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11g++ (11, 54, and 125 Mbit/s)
- Supports the WPA2, WPA, WEP encryption techniques
- Two LEDs to indicate connection (USB) and activity (WLAN)
- USB 2.0 interface (also supports USB 1.1 at lower throughput)
- 2.4 GHz frequency band Integrated antenna
- Supported operating systems: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP/2000
- Maximum power consumption: 0.5 W (idle), 1.5 W (tranfer)
- Typical power consumption: 1.4 W (transfer)
- USB-powered; no external power supply
- Updatable firmware
- Dimensions: 53 × 20 × 10 mm, weight: about 10 g