FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick N 2.4 is a fast and easy way to connect your PC to your FRITZ!Box WLAN and other compatible WLAN routers. It uses the new WLAN standard 802.11n, and boosts speed to up to 150 Mbit/s in the 2.4 GHz frequency band. Wireless surfing is even more fun thanks to the compact design, the super easy installation and WPA2 wireless encryption. And the unique AVM Stick & Surf technology lets you set up your secure wireless network without having to configure settings on your PC.
At a glance:
- USB stick for WLAN N up to 150 Mbit/s
- Compatible with WLAN standards 802.11g (54 Mbit/s) and b (11 Mbit/s)
- Support for 2.4 GHz WLAN connections
- WPA2 encryption for maximum WLAN security (802.11i)
- Stick & Surf: secure WLAN without any configuration
- Fast USB 2.0 interface (compatible with USB 1.1 with a reduced data transfer rate)
- Software for monitoring the connection and customizing security options
- Automatic installation in Windows 7, Windows Vista and XP with Service Pack 2 (32 bit)
- Supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- AVM Stick & Surf technology makes setting up an incredibly secure WLAN network easier than ever before:
Step 1: Connect FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick N 2.4 once to the USB host of your FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7270 or FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN. The data required for securing the network is transferred automatically to the stick.
Step 2: Connect the FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick N 2.4 to your PC. That’s it! Your WLAN connection is now encrypted. No other configurations are necessary.
- Using the FRITZ!WLAN software, you can also set up connections to other manufacturers’ WLAN access points in just minutes.
- The transmitter power can be adjusted to monitor electricity consumption and wireless coverage using FRITZ!WLAN.
- Top WLAN security thanks to the WPA2 (802.11i) encryption standard
- WLAN access point security settings are automatically transferred using AVM Stick & Surf technology
- Compatible with WPA, WEP-128 and WEP-64 encryption standards
- USB WLAN client for cordless wireless networks
- WLAN wireless networks according to 802.11n (150 Mbit/s), 802.11g (54 Mbit/s) and 802.11b (11 Mbit/s)
- WPA2, WPA, WEP-128 and WEP-64 encryption
- Frequency range: 2.4 GHz (for 802.11n/g/b)
- 2 LEDs indicate connection and activity
- Fast USB 2.0 port (compatible with USB 1.1 with a reduced data transfer rate)
- Supported operating systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)
- Maximum power consumption 1.35 W
- USB bus-powered, no external power supply required
- Online firmware updates
- Dimensions: approximately 53 x 20 x 11 mm (L x W x H)
- Weighs approximately 10 g