FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick N is a fast and easy way to connect your PC to your FRITZ!Box WLAN and other compatible WLAN routers. It uses the new WLAN standard 802.11n, which boosts speed to up to 300 Mbit/s. Wireless surfing is even more fun thanks to the compact design, the super easy installation and WPA2 wireless encryption, which is considered impossible to crack. And the unique Stick & Surf technology lets you set up your secure wireless network without having to configure settings on your PC.
At a glance:
- USB stick for wireless connections (WLAN)
- WLAN according to 802.11n (300 Mbit/s) for high-speed wireless access
- Backward compatible with 802.11g/a (54 Mbit/s) and b (11 Mbit/s)
- Dual band support for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz connections
- Secure wireless connections thanks to WPA2, WPA and WEP encryption
- Fast USB 2.0 interface (compatible with USB 1.1 with a reduced data transfer rate)
- No driver CD required for installation in Windows 7, Windows Vista and XP with Service Pack 2 (32 bit)
- FRITZ!Box WLAN security settings are transferred automatically thanks to
- Stick & Surf Software for monitoring the connection and customizing security options
- Extremely compact (weighs just 13 g, only 73 mm long)
- AVM Stick & Surf technology makes setting up an incredibly secure WLAN network easier than ever before:
Step 1: Connect FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick N once to the USB host of your FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7270, FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN or FRITZ!Box WLAN. The data required for securing the network is transferred automatically to the stick.
Step 2: Connect the FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick to your PC. That’s it! Your WLAN connection is now encrypted. No other configurations are necessary.
- Using the FRITZ!WLAN software, you can also set up connections to other manufacturers’ WLAN access points in just minutes.
- The transmitter power can be adjusted to monitor electricity consumption and wireless coverage using FRITZ!WLAN.
- Top WLAN security thanks to the WPA2 (802.11i) encryption standard, considered impossible to crack WLAN access point security settings transferred using
- AVM Stick & Surf technology
- Compatible with WPA, WEP-128 and WEP-64 encryption standards
- USB WLAN client for cordless wireless networks
- WLAN wireless networks according to 802.11n (300 Mbit/s), 802.11g/a (54 Mbit/s) and 802.11b (11 Mbit/s)
- WPA2, WPA, WEP-128 and WEP-64 encryption
- 2 LEDs indicate connection and activity
- Fast USB 2.0 port (compatible with USB 1.1 with a reduced data transfer rate)
- Frequency range: 2.4 GHz (for 802.11n/g/b) and 5 GHz (for 802.11n/a)
- Two integrated antennas Supported operating systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP
- Maximum power consumption 1.65 W (2.4 GHz transfer)/1.82 W (5 GHz transfer)
- USB bus-powered, no external power supply required
- Online firmware updates
- Dimensions: approximately 73 x 24.5 x 10.5 mm (L x W x H)
- Weighs approximately 13 g